Eight years in, it’s still early morning for TransferWise. What started as a product to help consumers save when sending money abroad, now includes serving small business owners, large corporations and banks through our open API. Our north star is the money we save people every year through our low cost, transparent model.
Our borderless account is now available in 170 countries and the accompanying TransferWise debit card is available in the UK, Europe, and US - with Australia, New Zealand and Singapore not far behind.
In the next two to three years we’ll be onboarding more banking partners, expanding our product around the world, and continuing to innovate to lower the cost of financial infrastructure. All this means bigger volumes and smarter tech, which will allow us to lower prices for everyone.
To fuel this growth, we are hiring massively - preparing to onboard 750 new hires in the next 12 months. It’s natural that we also expand our Board of Directors to help us deliver on our mission.
So, I’m excited to announce that today we are appointing two independent non-executive Directors to our board. Until now, our Board has been composed of myself, my co-founder Taavet, and two of our investors - Alex Rampell from Andreessen Horowitz and Roger Ehrenberg from IA Ventures.
This has been great for our company to date, and we’re now adding two non-executive Directors to help accelerate on delivering on our mission.
- Ingo Uytdehaage - Adyen CFO
- Ingo will chair the Audit & Risk committee of the Board, which focuses on internal controls and risk
- Ingo brings expertise in building an international payments company and engaging with regulators and governments all around the world
- This experience will help as we bring TransferWise to more markets
- David Wells - former Netflix CFO
- David brings a wealth of operating experience to TransferWise and has immense experience in working with disruptive companies, from established brands to those that are scaling
- While CFO at Netflix, global payments were one of David's responsibilities. He brings payments experience from the customer side of consumer internet
- David’s experience will help us as we scale to deliver on our mission
These new additions bring a wealth of leadership and experience that will help us deliver on our mission over the next few years.
We know that with these hires, we have not made our Board any more diverse. Creating a diverse and inclusive working environment is of paramount importance to TransferWise, and we saw a range of candidates in this process.
We will be expanding our Board in the future, and we’re committed to increasing the diversity of the Board as part of that. We want to speak with as many candidates as we can to ensure we have a representative Board with the right skills we need to scale TransferWise - in fact, if you think you might be what we’re looking for, get in touch.
Please join me in welcoming David and Ingo!
Just before Christmas you may have been sent a message from your bank saying they won’t be charging you for making euro payments from non-euro countries like...
TL;DR To the TransferWise community, We’ve just finished Q4 and have headed into a new year and new decade. It’s time for an update on how much closer we’ve...
This article summarizes some of the results from the report that experts at TÜV Süd wrote about TransferWise.
Announcing the partnership of Xero and TransferWise, which gives SMBs in the UK an easy bill payment solution through Xero
We’ve just finished Q3. It’s time for an update on how much closer we’ve got to making our mission of Money Without Borders a reality.
Our mission has become irreversible, the company financially independent, and adoption continues to accelerate. Thank you - TransferWise customers - for...