Transfers to Colombian peso (COP) have been one of the most requested routes during the past 12 months. Our customers asked for it and we listened! But, did you know that TransferWise used to offer transfers to COP?
We launched COP for the first time in October 2015. It rapidly became a popular currency and we helped people save money from hidden fees. However, the service we were offering didn’t meet our standards: it was slow, it still was a bit expensive, and it required paperwork from the recipient to get the money released to their account. It wasn’t ideal for our customers and, therefore, we decided to close the route in May 2017.
Since then, we’ve been working on a solid product for our customers. We wanted to save people’s money while providing a fast, convenient and transparent experience - and now we are ready. Thus, we’re happy to announce the relaunch of transfers to COP! 🚀
Let’s have a look at them!
This time the process of sending money to Colombia is easier, and it doesn’t require any work from the recipient side. This is what you need to know:
- You can send up to the equivalent of 2,900 USD per transfer.
- You can only send money to accounts in Bancolombia, and the recipient’s account should have “abono automático” enabled.
- Your transfer will be very fast! 86% of transfers complete in less than 5 minutes.
- You’ll always get the mid-market rate and you pay only a small transparent fee.
- You can only send personal transfers (no business transfers allowed yet).
|Join TransferWise and start saving money!|
- From the TransferWise calculator select your currency and then COP.
- Get the mid-market rate in real time and avoid hidden fees.
- Add the recipient details and pay for your transfer.
- We'll convert your money and we’ll deliver it to your recipient in a few minutes.
Despite improving the experience of transferring Colombian peso, we acknowledge that we still have a lot to do to achieve TransferWise Mission Zero. Hence, our LatAm Team will keep putting their best foot forward for you, to improve transfer limits, reach more recipients, and lower fees.
Our mission continues. Onwards!
We’ve broadened our partnership with N26 to help even more people make fast and low-cost international payments, straight from their N26 app
Until now, we’ve been offering business bank details to our customers for free. From June 15th, there will be a small, one-time fee to get your bank details...
You can now connect your TransferWise business multi-currency account with QuickBooks — the most requested accounting tool. This means your business activity...
The year’s 2020. You need to pay a colleague back for a dinner you shared in London. But she’s in Spain. And you haven’t got her bank details, let alone an...
Back in November Xero announced that Pay with TransferWise was about to launch and we invited you to join the Beta programme. We’re delighted to announce that...
What do we mean when we say “Your transfer’s complete”? TL;DR - It means our bank has sent out the money to your recipient. Unfortunately, it also means that...