When you open a bank account, you usually need to provide documents to verify details about yourself and your business. TransferWise is no different.
Verification is how we keep your business’s money safe, and comply with the financial regulations in the countries we operate in. We also make sure your business meets our acceptable use policy. And we do everything we can to make it quick, painless, and completely online.
Here’s how to verify your business
- Register for free. It’s easy to sign up for your TransferWise for Business account.
- Tell us about your business. You'll need to share details like your business registration, where you're located, the industry you're in, any online or social presence, and name, date of birth, and country of residence for all legal business owners and directors.
- Tell us about yourself. As the admin of this account, we need your personal details and your role in the business. If you’re not the director or owner of the company, you may need to include additional information.
- Set up and pay for a transfer. If you are opening bank details, you'll need to add money to your account.
- Now it’s our turn. If we ask to verify you, once we receive your money, we'll work to get it done within 2–3 working days.
- That’s it! You’re verified. We’ll resume your transfer, and send you a confirmation email, when we’ve verified your business.
Keep in mind some countries have country-specific requirements. If your business is registered in the US, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, or New Zealand, there may be additional things we need before we verify your account.