If you’re a freelancer living in Singapore with clients overseas, TransferWise could save you a lot of money when you get paid, compared to your bank or PayPal.
That’s because unlike banks or PayPal, it’s free to receive payments in multiple currencies, including GBP, EUR, USD, and AUD. How? A TransferWise account comes with local account details for the UK, Eurozone, the US, and Australia. It’s like having a domestic bank account in each of those places – so you can get paid like a local.
TransferWise also always uses the mid-market exchange rate. Other providers typically markup this rate, which is an unnecessary extra fee for you. This means the costs to convert money to Singpore dollars is up to 8 times less than most banks.
For example, here's how we compare with other providers for sending €1,000 to Singapore dollars – look at how their mark-ups can take a bite out of your earnings:
Find out more about how we calculated this here.
How TransferWise works for a freelancer:
- Get your local bank details instantly: a UK account number and sort code, a European IBAN, a US account number and routing number, and an Australian account number and BSB code.
- Give your clients your local bank details and have them pay you as they normally would. (By not having to pay you in dollars, you’ll save them some money, too).
- Withdraw money from online freelancer platforms like Freelancer.com into your TransferWise account.
- Hold over over 40 different currencies in your one account, or move money right to your bank.
- Convert between currencies instantly – just pay a small fee each time you you do.
- Always get the real exchange rate for your dollars - with no costly mark-up.
Ready to sign up? Create your free account by clicking here.
Or read here for more information about getting paid as a freelancer.
So whether you need to get paid by clients in different currencies, move money between your own accounts, send money to family or friends, or pay bills or manage invoices, TransferWise will save you time and money, and makes the process much easier.
Already use us? Why not invite your friends? At TransferWise, we have a nice referral program. Invite your friends and family to send money with us from your account and we’ll give them a free first transfer. And for every 3 of them who make a transfer, we’ll give you a cash reward.
Planning a trip? Moving country? Don’t get stung by nasty fees and even nastier rates. Banks, brokers and PayPal are more expensive than they look....
Türkiye'ye hâlâ banka ya da komisyoncu aracılığıyla mı para gönderiyorsunuz? Şimdi para göndermenin daha akıllı ve ucuz bir yolu var. Eğer Türkiye'ye para...
ถ้าคุณยังโอนเงินกลับไทยด้วยวิธีเดิมๆ ผ่านธนาคารหรือโบรคเกอร์ เราอยากบอกว่า มันมีวิธีที่ถูกและดีกว่าให้คุณได้ลองนะ TransferWise จะช่วยให้การโอนเงินกลับไทยถูกลง...
คุณยังคงใช้ธนาคารหรือนายหน้า ในการส่งเงินไปยังประเทศไทยอยู่รึเปล่า? TransferWise เป็นอีกหนึ่งตัวเลือก ที่จะช่วยให้คุณส่งเงินปอนด์...
If you’re a small business in the US that operates overseas, TransferWise could save you a lot of time and money when you pay invoices in foreign currencies,...
If you’re a small business in Singapore that operates overseas, TransferWise could save you a lot of time and money when you pay invoices in foreign...