Want to save money when you send US dollars? There’s a smarter, cheaper way to send money internationally.
When you convert currencies with traditional providers, such as a bank, a broker or PayPal, you typically pay a lot more than you expect. On top of fees they charge, they use an exchange rate with a mark-up, which often ends up costing you more than what you thought you’d pay.
TransferWise is different. We’re on a mission to build faster, cheaper and fairer international payments. Our fees are completely transparent and they’re a fraction of what banks or brokers usually charge. We use the real exchange rate with no mark-up, so you know exactly how much you’re paying every time. It's international banking built the right way.
How TransferWise works:
- Our transfers are fast, fair and low cost – the fee is typically below 1% of the total amount you're sending plus a small fixed fee.
- You always get the real exchange rate for your US dollars - with no costly mark-up.
- You can make USD transfers straight from TransferWise.com, or from our iOS and Android apps.
- You can send money with TransferWise directly to other bank accounts or to the TransferWise borderless account, which lets you spend, send and receive money in multiple currencies.
- Hold over 50 currencies in your account, and convert between them instantly.
- Get paid from abroad for free with local bank details for 6 major currencies.
- Spend internationally with our debit card when you shop online or travel.
Meet Don Christiansen. He quit the car trade to forge a globe-spanning career sourcing rare artworks from around the world.
“When I first used TransferWise I was dealing with a sale which happened at a fair in Mexico City. With Transferwise I was able to bill in euros, collect in dollars, and pay in pesos — saving me three bank conversions and a lot of fees. I also paid the shipper in Germany for the transport in euros, which cut the transaction costs. I couldn’t believe how easy it was.”
Want to read more about how our customers save? Check out our Lives Without Borders series.
|TransferWise is proud to help people living international lives. We're there to help you manage your money across borders. Join our 8 million customers at TransferWise.com, or through our Android or iOS app app.|
Be it for temporary reasons or a more permanent pursuit of the “American Dream,” moving to the United States of America always entails a few adjustments —...
Moving to Europe is no doubt a ‘bucket list’ item for many people around the world. The history, diverse cultures and languages, and excellent quality of life...
Want to save money when you send Brazilian reais? There’s a smarter, cheaper way to send money internationally. When you convert currencies with traditional...
Want to save money when you send Canadian dollars? There’s a smarter, cheaper way to send money internationally. When you convert currencies with traditional...
Amanda Machado is a writer who has traveled the world, spending much of that time living nomadically. The daughter of immigrants to the US, her travels have...
Louise and Mike met in a college dorm. They flirted, they went on dates, and pretty soon they fell in love.The only trouble: This was in Copenhagen, where...