The unjust, racist treatment of Black communities in the United States and around the world is rightly driving outrage and calls for action by people everywhere, including many of our team.
We stand against anti-Black racism and racism in any form. We stand with the Black community. We stand with protests around the world. Black lives matter.
Part of our mission is to create a more open world. We don’t have all the answers, but we have a responsibility not to be silent, to speak out against racism, and to stand with our employees, customers, and communities against injustice.
We've compiled some resources about the history behind the Black Lives Matter movement, how to contribute to a relevant cause, and some places to look for help if you need it.
Learn more about the movement and issues of systemic racism.
- Anti-Racism for Beginners – a guide to books, thought leaders, and online resources
- Campaign Zero – policy solutions to end police brutality in the US
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Change.org petition – justice for George Floyd
- Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race – Reni Eddo-Lodge
- I Am Not Your Baby Mother – Candice Brathwaite
- Between the World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
Learn where you can get or enable mental health support:
- Crisis Text Line – free, 24/7 mental health support available by texting HOME to 741741 (US only)
- The Loveland Foundation – a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to Black women and girls seeking mental health support through their Therapy Fund
Learn where you can donate if you’d like to:
An important change is coming to Egypt! From 3 December 2020, we’ll be requiring all transfers to EGP to be sent to an account identified by an International...
It wasn’t easy coming up with a name for the new TransferWise feature that lets you set aside money in any currency to use in the future. We played around...
In 2018, the United Kingdom first allowed payment companies to gain direct access to its payments systems. Several other countries, in the midst of their own...
TL;DR Persuading customers they should pay for the financial services they are used to receiving for free may be the key to changing financial services for...
Hidden exchange rate markups estimated to cost Americans $8.7 billion in 2019 Consumers and businesses lose billions every year when they send and spend money...
Today we’re excited to announce North Loop as our newest TransferWise for Banks partner in the US! North Loop provides borderless banking for over 20,000...