Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: 13 June 2016
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms under which you may access and/or use our Services. It applies as soon as you access and/or use our Services.
By continuing to use our Services, you accept, and agree to abide by the terms in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplements our User Agreement.
Check the User Agreement for the meaning of defined words (those with capital letters).
What you cannot do
You may use our Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international laws or regulations;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- for anything that is abusive or does not comply with our content standards (as set out below);
- for any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of spam; or
- to deal in harmful programs like viruses or spyware or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
We do not provide our Services to businesses or support transactions which involve:
- property used or intended to be used in connection with, or representing (in whole or in part, directly or indirectly) the proceeds of any act which may constitute drug dealing or criminal conduct, as defined under the Corruption, Drug Trafficking and Other Serious Crimes (Confiscation of Benefits) Act (Cap. 65A);
- terrorism, terrorism-financing or money laundering;
- tobacco, narcotics, steroids, cannabis, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety;
- controlled or specified drugs, controlled equipment, controlled material, controlled substance or drug paraphernalia (pipe, syringe, utensil, apparatus or other article intended for the smoking, administration or consumption of a controlled drug, or equipment, product, or material that is modified for making, using, or concealing drugs);
- gambling, remote gambling or the provision of gambling or remote gambling services (including, but without limitation, organising, managing, or supervising gambling, distributing a prize offered in gambling by others, distributing money or money’s worth paid or staked by others in gambling, facilitating participation by others in gambling, or assisting in any such conduct);
- seeds or plants;
- military & semi-military goods & services (including weapons, military software or technologies);
- adult content;
- bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies; or
- binary options.
We do not provide our Services to the following categories of entities:
- charities (unless they are established in Canada, European Economic Area ("EEA"), Switzerland, US, New Zealand or Singapore);
- unregistered UK charities; or
- trusts (unless they are established in Canada, EEA or Switzerland).
You also agree:
- not to copy or use any part of our Services in contravention of the provisions of our User Agreement; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Services;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Services; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any material you contribute to our Services ("Contributions").
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory, or any statement of fact about any person which is false in any particular about the subject;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- contain any material that is against, or objectionable on the grounds of, public interest, public morality, public order, public security, or national harmony; offends against good taste and decency; or is otherwise prohibited by applicable laws;
- constitute a publication containing news, intelligence, report of occurrences, remarks, observations, or comments;
- propagate, promote, or discuss political or religious issues relating to Singapore;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark, or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive or mislead any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening in any way, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they relate to us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We alone will determine whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our Services.
We take breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy seriously, and may take the following actions in the event of a breach:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Services;
- suspend or cancel your payment orders and take such other actions as we consider necessary;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you;
- denial of access to any Contributions that do not comply with our content standards (as set out above);
- issue a warning to you;
- legal action against you, including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis; and/or
- reporting and disclosure of information to law enforcement authorities.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may change this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by posting a revised version on this page. The revised version will be effective once it is posted. Please check back frequently to see if there are any updates or changes to this Acceptable Use Policy, as it is legally binding on you.