Internal Communications Manager
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Manager to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to provide support on communications across all of our teams and also to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
- Set the internal communications strategy and provide support to our teams in communicating to all our staff.
- From helping coordinate topics and speakers for an all-hands team call, to crafting the agenda for a twice annual conference.
- Helping company leadership for new and engaging ways to connect and engage with all of our staff.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Deliver an internal communications strategy that supports our fast-growing company and helps foster a culture of transparency and collaboration
- Work with Leadership team and Executive Support to share key messages with the company
- “All hands” events: Whether it’s a biweekly team call or a full internal conference twice a year, you’re happy to get your hands dirty and are as comfortable running logistics as you are writing an agenda and developing key messages and briefing documents.
- Writing company updates: Be the first point of contact in translating the work of 40+ autonomous teams into cohesive, single updates that communicate company progress in a succinct and engaging way.
- Defining success metrics: You’ve built out your own KPIs and success metrics before for internal communications channels and campaigns; and, you’re excited to build this capability from scratch.
- Delivering new, creative formats: You know that the same old formats can get stale and lead to low employee engagement. You’re excited to bring new, best-practice internal communications channels to a fast-growing organisation.
- Help develop spokespeople: TransferWise spokespeople are already well versed in speaking with media. Take them from great to best-in-class with feedback on presenting to large teams.
- Creating global inclusion: You’re comfortable and experience communicating across widely distributed teams and you know the right way to bring employees all around the world along on a journey of growth and change. You’re excited to develop and implement this for 1600 staff in 12 offices.
A bit about you:
- You’re truly passionate about the TransferWise mission.
- Your writing is clear, concise and rarely needs more than one round of edits.
- You have a communications background. You may be a generalist or have specific internal communications or change management experience in a growing international company.
- You are a big picture thinker. You can quickly grasp an overall narrative while not losing sight of the crucial details. When there’s no obvious unifying narrative, you can give feedback to help shape one.
- You are attuned to great leadership and comfortable dealing with all levels of seniority in an organisation. You know what motivates large teams and can help coach good leaders into great ones.
- You’re a creative, natural storyteller who can craft clear, compelling messages for a large company.
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty and go through walls to make things happen. You thrive in execution mode as much as when you’re strategising.
- You’re self-sufficient and organised. Your attention to detail is second to none and you can demonstrate how you work independently, with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- You have a naturally global mindset and are open to travel. We’re a global team, so you should feel comfortable spending time travelling and working out of our other offices at least once a quarter.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.