We’re looking for a new Payment Processing Specialist to join our team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies and be part of our international Operations team to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll receive a competitive package including salary and stock options in a fast growing company and a wide array of benefits.
- Keep an eye on the payments' engine and solve payment-related problems;
- Together with your team build solid ownership of operational processes;
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external partners;
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks;
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support these with analysis;
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself - You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams - You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally - You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 1600+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills;
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree;
- 1 - 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment. If that happens to be in finance or banking sector then that is an added bonus;
- You are flexible with your working hours and don’t mind helping our customers’ even if it is a weekend or public holiday;
- You focus on accuracy, are independent and pay attention to every detail. You enjoy owning your work and leading projects when needed;
- You’re a great communicator, straight up, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to;
- You place customers’ first and you make no compromise on this;
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback;
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers;
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact;
- You've worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work;
- You've worked in cross border team - know their challenges and how to overcome those;
- Any additional language is an advantage.
Some of your benefits:
- Monthly salary range starting at EUR 1500 gross per month;
- Stock options;
- In-house gym plus sports & wellness compensation;
- Weekly team meals and free breakfast;
- All-expenses-paid annual company event in Estonia;
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years;
- Paid sick leave.
If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.