We’re looking for a new Operations Team Lead to join our team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to join one of the hottest FinTech start-ups and lead our cross-border Operations team to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll receive a competitive package including salary and stock options in a fast growing company and a wide array of benefits.
- Develop a strong Payments Operations team and support specialists on their personal growth paths.
- Help the team develop and measure KPIs for success.
- Managing your team’s resources and their relevant skills, ensuring at all times a high-quality, high-speed workflow with optimal coverage.
- Increase the efficiency of the operations team while balancing the health and productivity of your specialists.
- Drive operational excellence, while building sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks.
- Ensure the team’s readiness to handle unexpected situations.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll help drive the definition of our goals and vision while increasing the efficiency of the operations team and dreaming big, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Inspire Teams - You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Develop Wisers - You’ll scale culture and help to create a positive and motivating work environment for our Wisers. You’ll ensure the health and productivity of the specialists within your teams by helping to set the right culture and implement the right approaches. We don’t believe in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally - You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways how to make our customers’ lives better. You’ll also occasionally travel to work and learn with our teams in other locations! We’re 1500+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tallinn to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders communicating across teams and locations. We get it done!
A bit about you:
- You have experience in leading, coaching and mentoring driven high performing teams.
- You have a proven track record of moving metrics and reaching your KPI goals.
- You drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened.
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You are data-driven, able to prioritise the value-add to customers, measure the impact, and how the teams perform.
- You’re comfortable working within teams that face big challenges and taking responsibility in difficult situations.
- You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback.
- You have passion for technology, customer experience, and you want your work to have a positive impact on people.
- You’re a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers.
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn while leading.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience leading teams distributed across different locations and time zones
- Passion for international finance, foreign exchange and payment systems
Some of your benefits:
- In-house gym plus sports & wellness compensation
- Weekly team meals and free breakfast
- All-expenses-paid annual company event in Estonia
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Paid sick leave
If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
Please answer the following questions in the cover letter:
- Why do/would you have passion to lead a payments processing team?
- What does healthy team culture mean for you?
- How do/would you support the development of the specialists in your team?
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.