We’re looking for an Operations Risk Lead to join our payment operations team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies and be part of our cross-border Operations team to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll receive a competitive package including salary, stock options in a fast growing company, and a wide array of benefits.
- Understanding operations risks, working with operational, product development and other teams on managing and mitigating them.
- Scaling risk culture within Operations as well as helping to drive it across company in collaboration with other teams.
- Sufficient resources with relevant skills, ensuring high quality, high efficiency risk management partners for Operations teams.
- Mission Zero, increasing the efficiency of the Operations teams.
- Health and productivity of the specialists within your team, helping to set the right culture and implement the right approaches.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop a strong Operations Risk team and support specialists on their personal growth paths.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- Support defining the goals and vision for our TransferWise risk management framework.
- Help teams analyse new products and operational processes, define risk levels, build controls and set goals.
- Ensure alignment within Operations organisation regarding processes, controls and risk mitigation efforts.
- Work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better.
- Help the team develop and measure KPIs for success.
- Act as the main point of contact for Operations risks and controls topics for internal and external interested parties.
- Scale culture and help to create a positive and motivating work environment.
- Travel to work and learn with our teams in the United States, Singapore and more.
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree.
- You have 1+ years of work experience in risk management or audit field.
- You have experience in leading, coaching and mentoring driven and high performing team.
- You focus on accuracy, are independent and pay attention to every detail.
- You are data-driven, able to prioritise the value add, measure the impact and have a proven track record of moving metrics and reaching your KPI goals.
- You drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened.
- You can explain problems clearly and include others in the team to discuss solutions. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences when either giving or receiving feedback.
- You’re comfortable working within teams that face big challenges and taking responsibility in difficult situations.
- You have passion for technology and risk management.
- You have worked with external partners as well as with product development teams.
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience leading teams distributed across different locations and time zones.
- Passion for international finance, foreign exchange and payment systems.
Some of your benefits:
- Stock options
- In-house gym plus sports & wellness compensation
- Weekly team meals and free breakfast
- All-expenses-paid annual company event in Estonia
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Paid sick leave
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.