A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
About the job
With a high degree of autonomy, you will be supporting the corporate activity within the TransferWise group to help take the business to the next level, including:
- Working closely and building relationships with multiple business units across the Company and across APAC markets, to advise on a wide range of legal matters and ad hoc problems, including financial regulation and consumer regulations, privacy, marketing standards, market entry, partnerships etc.
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements
- Understanding the real risks to the business and providing practical advice to product teams
- Supporting initiatives relating to governance within the group
- Advising on the legal rights and duties of subsidiary companies and its directors in APAC
- Ensuring proper processes and document retention
- Working with the Legal Team to support the wider needs of the company, for example training
- Staying up to date on legal developments and advising on future-looking initiatives
- Mentoring and upskilling relevant directors, officers and teams, making life simple and easy.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Define your path to success - you’ll have the freedom and responsibility to help shape what is needed and then make it happen
- Build something for the future - we are continuing to grow rapidly and your work will be crucial in growing and maturing one of the companies of our time
- Inspire with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech or finance and with an eye on the future. You will:
- Have 5 to 7 years of previous firm or in-house experience, focusing on payments or financial services
- Proven experience with commercial contract structuring, drafting, and negotiation
- Understand how start-ups work - how to balance between maturity in corporate governance and operations, and the practical considerations of fast growth and scaling
- [Have a track record in project management and clear communication, including being able to focus people behind a common goal, ‘tell the story’ and make the complex simple]
- Focus on impact, through trusted relationships, attention to detail
- Have a get-it-done, collaborative approach to problem solving and an ability to seek creative, innovative solutions for complex matters
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie and good humor while under pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Well-organised and able to manage and prioritise numerous projects simultaneously
- Have professionalism and high integrity
What we offer in return:
- Competitive compensation, including salary and stock options package
- 21 days paid time off and other leave benefits
- Annual company wide gathering in Europe - all expenses paid
- Comprehensive group insurance package that includes: life and total permanent disability, ad&d, hospitalization and surgical coverage, outpatient and specialist outpatient, dental and maternity insurance
- Many social events, including all team lunches on Friday
- The chance to be part of one of THE companies of our time and help take it to the next level
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.