We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager - Large transactions to join our growing team in London office. This role is a unique opportunity to set new standards for sending large transactions for consumers, freelancers and small businesses - you'll have a tremendous impact on TransferWise’s mission and grow into an unstoppable product leader.
The Large transaction team is a young team and you will help to grow it into a very strong team. The team's mission is to enable people across the world to save a maximum amount of money when transferring, receiving, holding or spending large amounts of money internationally.
Buying a first house, moving life savings to another countries, investing, paying a hospital bill, receiving funding as a start-up, moving liquidity between subsidiaries, paying an important supplier etc. are big life events which can be highly expensive, stressful and inconvenient.
Working alongside and coaching a Junior Product Manager, you’ll own the following challenges:
- You'll be setting new standards for consumers, freelancers and small businesses sending large transactions. Delighting hundreds of thousands of customers making some of the most important financial transactions in their life.
- You'll make people realise how much money they would lose using their bank for such large transactions. You’ll figure out distribution, support affiliation deals and test other avenues to grow the amount of new customers doing large transactions.
- You'll figure out what’s preventing consumers and businesses to choose TransferWise for such large transactions in order to inform the plans of the team.
- Ensure our Product Marketing makes people feel comfortable to start saving with us. You’ll address concerns to hold large amounts of money with TransferWise. Not just by changing the Product Marketing to such customer, but the underlying reality which drives their concerns.
- Large transaction customer are the most operationally intensive customers due to anti-money laundering regulation and other Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) concerns. You’ll work closely with the EDD team to figure out how to mitigate risks while offering the most clear and convenient experience to customers.
- Iterating on our transaction flows to reach new levels of convenience and transparency when doing large transactions. You are able to deal with very complex UX and ambiguous customer expectations.
- You’ll get very familiar with the economics of those transfers, identify and prevent costly customers behaviours. You’ll help reduce the cost of those transactions in order to offer a cheaper price.
- Working with geographical teams to increase our ability to offer large transactions in the world.
- Working with designers, developers & analysts you’ll enable the team to make informed decisions and inspire to the highest standards of execution. Leading this horizontal team, you’re comfortable working on various subjects at the same time. You encourage your team to not rely on other teams to move such problems.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on one of the biggest levers of the mission. We are able to reduce our prices by scaling the volumes of money we move. Large transactions are a key contributor to this.
- Choose your path to impact - we’re not here to tell you what to do. You’ll get your team to a vision of its own. You’ll prioritise the biggest problems to solve and design the best ways to solve them within your team. You’ll obviously get direct feedback from smart people across the company but you will keep the freedom to make your own calls, take risks and learn.
- Enjoy flexibility in when and where you work from. It’s all about your impact on the mission.
- Travel to other offices as much as you want to solve the problems at hand.
- Autonomy - be empowered to fix any problem for the customer without asking permission.
- Grow as a leader - scale your team by inspiring engineers to join and work on TransferWise’s mission. Growing your first junior product manager into a fully independent and high impact product manager (without telling them what to do). After demonstrating your ability to move the mission, you’ll start to coach more junior peers to do the same.
A bit about you:
- You have multiple years of experience as a Senior Product Manager and you have a strong track record of moving KPIs significantly. You can measure your impact smartly and get down to why things have moved.
- You have a track record of delivering excellent user experience on Web, iOS and / or Android.
- You have a very strong technical understanding so that you can help your team prioritise technological investments, tech debt reduction, bugs and new features.
- You eat analytics for breakfast (ie. Google Analytics, Mixpanel etc.) enabling the team to measure its progress across all platforms. You have experience running complex A/B tests to improve the conversion funnel.
- You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear a path to get there. You can get the team to set its own performance target. You do not waste your time with vanity metrics. You have experience of growing another product person or an analyst.
- You’re not afraid of being a true lead, helping your team with hiring, learning skills you don’t know today to unblock things everywhere needed. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product manager role definition. You get it done
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Past experience working on large financial transactions.
- Development skills.
- You have a strong sense of UX and a strict attention to UI details.
- Design skills are a clear bonus.
What we offer in return:
We’re a global business and we believe in investing in our employees and rewarding them for their contribution to our mission. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous stock options package
- 25 days holiday (plus the usual bank holidays)
- Generous pension with enhanced company contributions
- Private medical cover
- Annual all expenses paid trip to Europe
- Loads more!
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: Autonomous teams, Product = people, What’s next for TransferWise, Building conviction, Anatomy of the founder interview.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.