We’re looking for a Product Director - Customer Support Experience in Budapest to help our teams deliver a Customer Support experience that delights our customers, scales globally with our growth and helps us drop our costs towards zero.
The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. With 4m customers we’re already moving over £3bn a month and have more than 500 people in our support team across the US, Estonia, Hungary and Singapore. We serve a wide range of customers from personal users, freelancers, small businesses and increasingly even to enterprise businesses and banks.
You’ll be leading, developing and building product teams that are focussed on these challenges, as well as partnering with our heads of customer support and other operational teams.
- Your mission is to help our teams deliver a Customer Support experience that delights our customers, scales globally with our growth and helps us drop our costs towards zero.
- Lead, grow and build the product teams needed for CS Experience as they cover topics such as help content creation, self-serve support, channels offered, support tooling, workflow management, related ops and compliance processes, operational reporting, AI automation and the product quality feedback loop.
- Partner with our Heads of CS and other operational teams to build a globally scalable model that aligns the product approach with considerations of CS location and language strategy, talent planning, hiring capacity, outsourcing opportunities, specialisation and cost modelling.
- You’ll be meaningfully moving metrics including contact rates, case resolution time, % first time resolution, % automated, cSAT and our CS cost per transfer.
- You’ll be a part of our product leadership team and the local site lead for our Budapest product managers, creating a strong product culture, developing world class Product Managers and leading local hiring.
- Lead Product Managers through the full software lifecycle – from clearly identifying a challenge or desired outcome, through ideation, requirements definition, design, build, release, testing, evaluation and iteration.
- Motivate teams by developing and constantly sharing a compelling vision for the product, driven by customer insight and data.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Solve a truly global challenge - our astonishing growth rate, global customer base and the inherent complexity of moving money makes growing our support model a truly unique challenge right at the heart of our mission
- Build our Budapest product team with only a few product managers in the office today you’ve the opportunity to build, grow and coach the local team right from the start
- Be a global product leader - as a part of our product leadership team you’ll be helping us evolve how we do product, how we develop our people and how we scale globally
A bit about you:
- You have a proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen. You also need to demonstrate the ability to move metrics and reach your KPI goals.
- You can lead people and build teams - you can hire for awesome talent and also get the best out of people reporting to you.
- You understand operations. You’ve experience of working with support or other operational teams, and how to work with people and processes as well as products.
- You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you. Numbers are the best way to do this. You are very rigorous about measuring impact and assessing expected impact.
- You understand how systems are built, preferably you have coded before and know how to write your own SQL.
- You place customers first. You make no compromise on this.
- You strive to be the best: Self-driven and make things happen, show a strong desire to succeed, always looking for opportunities, determined in pursuit of your own and your customers' goals.
- You’re a great communicator: An effective communicator, you’re straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You have an ability to work with a team to develop an inspiring product vision of how you see our product developing.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: Autonomous teams, Product = people, What’s next for TransferWise, Building conviction, Anatomy of the founder interview.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.