Customer Support Associate (English Speaking)
Due to several internal promotions, we’re looking for new Customer Support Associates to join our team in Tampa, Florida! This role is a unique opportunity to join a team of people who are passionate about customer support, that love to help customers, and who want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing, and fun environment. This isn't your normal call center; we do things differently, and our Customer Support Associates are here to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a salary of $14.00/hour, stock options in a fast-growing company, and a wide array of other benefits.
- Provide world-class customer support via chat, email, phone, and social media channels for English speaking customers all over the world
- Understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to a business's success and make that your goal for every contact
- Be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers, but you’ll also have the freedom and support to improve processes and take on additional projects as you grow into the role. We're all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn't just a job to us!
- Be Yourself - We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We don’t believe in scripts or dress codes, and if you're having a "ruff" day, no worries, there's probably a dog or two in the office to mellow you out. We're not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally - Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We're 1500+ Wisers strong, with 70+ nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on this, but right on their heals are our teams, so we leave ego at the door!
- Inspire Teams - With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whether you're starting a side project from scratch or working with a product team to offer expert insight on a feature, whatever the mission, we get it done!
A bit about you:
- You have excellent verbal & written English skills
- You have previous customer support experience. Preferably in banking, internet, or telecom industries, or in an international customer care center
- You're flexible. Happy working day, night, and occasional weekend shifts for our customers
- You're organized. You can multitask, you're methodical in your approach, and you've got a sharp attention to detail which makes learning new systems and procedures no sweat
- You're cool under pressure. You take responsibility in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense
- You're an exceptional communicator. You're straight up and honest. You're able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will
- You're open-minded. You're comfortable and calm when giving or receiving feedback, you crave information, and you can't wait to be part of the team
- You're ideally someone who has worked in customer support before, but we're willing to work with the right person, whatever your experience, as long as you're awesome, you've got a passion for helping customers, and you don't see TransferWise as just your next job, but as your chance to make a difference!
A bit more about you:
- You've got a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You're great at the keyboard and your typing speed is at least 35 words per minute. (You will be tested)
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot support visas for this role. This is a physical position in Tampa, Florida
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Proficient in Spanish
- Any additional language is an advantage
- Experience working for a startup
NOTE - To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. Applications missing a resume or cover letter will not be considered, no exceptions. (Our best candidates take advantage of the cover letter to convince us why they're the perfect fit for TransferWise)
Some of your benefits:
- $14.00/hour salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, Flexible and Health Spending Account options
- Life insurance, AD&D insurance, short & long-term disability, and an EAP program
- Very generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, sick days, a volunteer day, and other leave policies
- 401k with match
- All-expenses-paid annual company holiday in Europe
- Weekly provided "Team Lunch" Thursdays, free daily breakfast foods, fruits, and drinks
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.