Customer Support Training Coordinator - Tampa
We’re looking for a Customer Support Training Coordinator to join the growing team in our Tampa office. This role is a unique opportunity for an experienced trainer to focus on skills development and quality, while ensuring that valuable and compliant trainings are consistently available, so our CS agents can help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll receive an attractive package including a competitive annual salary and stock options in a fast growing company, as well as a wide array of other benefits.
- Help build TransferWise’s global CS training plan and best practices with your Training Coordinator team and implement those practices both locally in Tampa and organization wide
- Work closely with your Team Lead, the Head of CS - US, local Team Leads, and Senior Team Leads to assess the training needs of the Tampa CS teams and develop local programs in accordance with the global training plan
- Provide the full-cycle training experience. You’ll manage and coordinate training programs that are needed according to analysis, regulations, and the global CS training plan (both new and renewed), while designing and developing up-to-date materials, and presenting the finished product to our teams
- Gather and store feedback after each training session, analyze the data, and proactively raise the bar by addressing the demonstrated skills or knowledge gaps
- Ensure the training plan meets our regulators’ expectations, while recording and sharing participation data in a clear format that is accepted by our auditors
- Coordinate and oversee our new Joiner training program, and train a cadre of CS trainers and mentors to facilitate the new Joiner training classes. Our new Joiner training program is robust, so you can’t run every class or you’d do nothing else. You’ll work closely with your trainers and mentors to deliver an exceptional TransferWise joiner experience
- Be accountable for your own performance, efficiency, and development
- Be responsible for cross-team communication and stay connected so that you understand the overall company direction and stay aligned
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll be the only CS Training Coordinator in Tampa, flying the flag for your global team and running the training show day-to-day locally. You’ll have tons of support, but you’ll experience huge levels of autonomy, ownership, and personal responsibility in your daily work. We get it done!
- Be Customer Focused - That’s not just marketing fluff with us, we value our customers above all else and we make no compromises on this. You’ll focus on customer convenience with your new Joiner training programs and you’ll drive higher quality with continuing training for our experienced Wisers. We make it easy!
- Be Yourself - We’re looking for friendly people who are fun to work with. We don’t believe in limiting our Wisers, so we don’t have scripts or dress codes, and if you are having a “ruff” day, no worries, there’s usually a dog or two in the office to mellow you out. We’re not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally - You’ll be part of a global Training Coordinator team, joining members in Tallinn, Estonia and Budapest, Hungary. TransferWise is 1500+ Wisers, with over 70 nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in between. Your team will make our training programs streamlined and consistent no matter what office you’re in, so you’ll travel to our other offices to plan, organize, and deliver that vision and fuel this revolution!
A bit about you:
- You’re fluent in English
- You’re highly organized. Process oriented and confident balancing several projects at once because of your exceptional time-management skills
- You’re an excellent communicator. Friendly and approachable, with unmatched verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. You’re comfortable communicating across time-zones with your team, with outside auditors, and with the full range of Wisers, from day-one Joiners to the Head of CS
- You’re data-driven. Precise in tracking, formatting, and presenting data. You’re also analytical, an adept problem-solver, and you possess a sharp attention to detail, so regularly presenting your data to auditors is effortless
- You’re experienced. You’ve spent a couple years working in customer support (call center experience is a strong plus), as well as some time in a professional training capacity using a variety of learning and training concepts and principles in a high-volume environment. We will not consider candidates without both
- You’re flexible. You’re willing to work the occasional nights and weekends, and you’re happy with somewhat frequent international travel (roughly 3-5 a year). Equally independent and team-player, you handle constant change in a fast-paced environment with patience and poise
- You’re creative. Your trainings and materials are interactive and engaging, and your creativity in creating and presenting excellent one-on-one and group presentations leaves people excited for the next one
- You’re open-minded. You’re always looking for feedback, both personally and for your programs. You’re at home in a feedback-heavy culture, and whether you’re giving or receiving it, you’re always calm, comfortable, and constructive
- You’re intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You’re self-aware enough to understand when you don’t know something and you have the humility and eagerness to continuously develop yourself and learn while working
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot support visas for this role. This is a physical position in Tampa, Florida
A bit more about you:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (concentration in Communication, Teaching, Psychology, or similar field preferred)
- Experience in customer support required (at least 2 years)
- Experience in professional training or as a team lead (with heavy training emphasis) required
Some of your benefits:
- Annual salary starting of $40,000/year, with a potential increase after successful completion of probationary period (based on performance)
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, Flexible and Health Spending Account options
- Life insurance, AD&D insurance, short & long-term disability, and an EAP program
- Very generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, sick days, a volunteer day, and other leave policies
- 401k with match
- All-expenses-paid annual company holiday in Europe
Click here for more benefits info
TO APPLY: A Resume and Cover Letter are required. Applications without either will not be considered.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.