Operations Specialist - Latin America
We’re looking for an Operations Specialist to join our growing Latin America Operations team in our Tampa office. This role is a unique opportunity to learn more about how money moves around the world, solve complicated situations, investigate problematic transfers, and work with an international customer base and team to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a salary of $19/hour & stock options in fast growing company, amongst a wide array of other benefits.
- Ensure timely and compliant payments processing – keeping an eye on the payments engine and taking care of payments which need manual intervention
- Act as a point of contact between TransferWise and our Latin American partners
- Assist with accounts reconciliation
- Work with our Product, Development, and Customer Support teams to make sure our customers are happy
- Solve complicated situations and investigate problematic transactions
- Figure out the technical side of payments processing and collaborate with engineers in the development of our product
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact - you’ll be part of a team, but you’ll also experience considerable autonomy, ownership, and empowerment in your daily work. You’ll also have the freedom and support to improve processes and take on additional projects as you grow into the role. We get it done!
- Be yourself - we don’t believe in limiting our Wisers or creating drama, we’re only interested in good Karma. We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with!
- Work globally - our customers come first and they’re all over the world; our team members are just as diverse. With offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in between, you’ll interact with a global team of 70+ nationalities operating in 12 offices (and counting)
- Inspire teams - with your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us fuel the revolution to make money borderless!
A bit about you:
- Bi or trilingual. You're fluent in English, as well as Portuguese and/or Spanish
- Excellent communicator. Your written and verbal communication skills are unmatched, and you thrive in a feedback culture
- Flexible. You're open to varied working hours and possible travel. You're also comfortable with daily routine tasks, but excited that no two days are the same
- You get it done. You're punctual, proactive, and solution-oriented, happy working individually and working closely with the team
- Entrepreneurial. You're able to multi-task, make decisions in critical situations, take initiative, and people tend to follow your lead
- Analytical. You're exceptionally accurate, great with numbers, have strong administrative skills, and a sharp attention to detail
- Customer focused. You understand that our customers come first and you're driven to provide an extraordinary experience for them
- You're already legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot sponsor visas for this role. This is a physical position in Tampa, Florida
A bit more about you:
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a specialist role
- At least an Associate’s degree
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Finance or banking background
- Customer Support background
- Experience in a start-up
NOTE: A Cover Letter explaining your motivation is required, along with your Resume, in order to be considered.
Some of your benefits:
- $19.00/hour salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, Flexible and Health Spending Account options
- Life insurance, AD&D insurance, short & long-term disability, and an EAP program
- Very generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, sick days, a volunteer day, and other leave opportunities
- All-expenses-paid annual company holiday in Europe
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.