We’re looking for a Product Manager - European Expansion to join our growing Product team in our Budapest office. The role is a unique opportunity to build world-beating, world-class products, focusing on the Central and Eastern European region specifically.
- Your mission is to build world-beating, world-class products for our customers in Europe.
- It’s a huge challenge, but an exciting one. You will help to define the future of TransferWise, figuring out how we can revolutionize money globally.
- You are the mini CEO of your team and you’ll be figuring out the vision and goals together as well as how to measure them - setting the KPIs. At the end of the day, you will be ultimately responsible for every aspect of our product in the region.
- Developing a deep understanding of the European financial and payments market is critical, which you will use to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Being an expert on European customers and always being in tune with their needs - not just through understanding the data these customers generate, but getting to know them on a personal level.
- Having ideas - communicating them to the rest of the company - and inspiring your team to execute on them.
- Not only will you lead a product team yourself, but we'd love it if you could help other diverse and autonomous product teams. This means understanding their potential and providing insights and data where necessary. As we are a data focused company, it helps to know what makes each of the teams tick to make sure they are focusing on the proper KPIs.
A bit about you:
- You’re a global citizen - you’ve worked and lived around the world, and you’ve had the same problem that we solve for our customers.
- Are someone who loves to get things done - you make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- Extensive experience either as a product manager or in a similar position in a demonstrably high pressure, fast-pace environment. For example, you might have run your own company. You can show how you have delivered at a consistently high level in the past.
- You’re data savvy - you may have worked as an analyst in the past and you’re able to turn datasets into insights, using these to prioritise the value you can add to customers.
- You need to have ideas. You’re going to change the world, so we want to see what exceptional ideas you’ve had before.
- Have excellent attention to detail. If you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you. Our secret word is “mayonnaise”.
- Experience working with engineering teams is a plus. Ideally, you have a background in an engineering - but at a minimum you have some technical knowledge and be confident to use that to challenge the engineers you work with. Either way, you need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers.
- You have an eye for design and user experience - you might not be a designer yourself, but you understand user-testing and are able to give the design team direction.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.