Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
Purpose of the role:
As KYC Specialist you will ensure speedy and correct verification of high risk customers (main focus on businesses) according to regulations, risk appetite and TransferWise's policies. You will be expert on regulations and their interpretation adjustments, improvements to our processes and advising other team(s) on those.
This is a job where understanding risks from different products and customer groups is essential and smart mitigation of those risks is the main aim. The KYC Specialist masters regulatory and TransferWise's compliance framework, including risk policies, business logic of different companies, being a good team player and having attention to details.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic KYC Specialist to join our team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to support our compliance department and help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
What you’ll get to do?
- Review and monitor high risk and complex customer verification cases, having a deep and broad knowledge of TransferWise's compliance framework and the regulatory environment;
- Perform due diligence on customers and businesses through a variety of data sources including websites, financial statements, AML policies and external legal opinion. Take a risk-based approach to work effectively and maintain speed, quality and consistency;
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies;
- Analyse new and complex risky activities and business activities;
- Take risk-based case decisions with a clearly documented and auditable record, in the context of our customer due diligence policy, acceptable use policy and applicable regulation;
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies;
- Understand and coach others on our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfill them and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime;
- Work in the team and with compliance to evolve both our policies and our due diligence processes, continuously improving our knowledge, risk management and customer experience;
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review;
- Work as a verification expert sharing knowledge across teams, delivering a great customer experience and contributing through side projects and ideas on process, policy or product improvements;
- Analyse, re-evaluate, build and document risk factors and risk mitigation methods for TransferWise high risk customers;
- Be able to represent the policies, processes and auditable verification work to regulators and auditors.
What do you need to have?
- Min. 1 year of previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector;
- Understanding of regional and global regulatory requirements and essentials of risk based approach;
- Very good verbal and written English, any other language skills are a plus;
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Ability to handle routine;
- Punctuality, independence, pro-activity and willingness to get things done;
- Solid communication and cross-team cooperation skills;
- Flexibility when it comes to working hours as our shifts can be early mornings, late nights, weekends and public holidays.
What we offer:
- We're offering a salary of 1700 EUR gross for this position;
- Stock options in the package;
- In-house gym plus sports & wellness compensation;
- Weekly team lunch and free breakfast;
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years;
- Paid sick leave;
- Pet-friendly office
- See the full list of our benefits here.
NB: Please only apply if you'are legally authorised to work in Estonia or if you are a EU citizen.
In order to apply, please send us your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to join us.
Please note that applications without a cover letter won't be considered.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at email@example.com. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.