Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
Our treasury team is making sure we have the right amount in the right currency at the right time to serve our customers. We are looking for a specialist who is enthusiastic about efficiency, passionate about technology and is looking for a real challenge - moving money around the world as fast as possible for as little as possible. This is a hands-on role in the beating heart of TransferWise’s operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be trusted to move our cash - planning and executing currency trades to make sure customers’ money is where it needs to be, at the right time;
- You’ll also take responsibility for hedging - keeping an eye on the market and managing risk, so we can keep offering low prices to customers;
- Building relationships is a core part of the role - you’ll need to manage external partnerships, and work closely with many other teams at TransferWise;
- We don’t just want you to manage trading - you’ll be expected to help us find better and more efficient ways to move money around the world - getting us closer to instant and free money transfers;
- We’re a cross-functional team of operations specialists, engineers, analysts and product managers - we want you to collaborate with all of these people to drive product and process improvements.
A bit about you:
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a responsible specialist role - executing operational processes and able to find solutions in unexpected situations;
- Good communications skills – you’ll be comfortable resolving issues with banks and other partners around the world over emails, phone calls and face to face, working closely with other teams, and using your in-depth knowledge to help our product people;
- Great organisation and attention to detail - we care about every cent on our mission to keep costs for customers low and you are someone who enjoys tracing numbers and making sure everything is accounted for;
- Ability to think outside the box when figuring out new solutions - we are building a new way to move money around the world, we constantly break things and find ways to solve them;
- Ability to multitask, be proactive and make decisions independently in time-sensitive situations - there are a lot of things going on and a lot of deadlines throughout the day, you constantly need to prioritise between tasks and be aware of alerts and risks;
- Trustworthy, curious and not afraid of changes;
- Flexible in working hours - we work in shifts, with colleagues and partners around the world;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- Academic or work experience in finance/accounting/banking/trading is an advantage.
Some of our benefits:
- Stock options in the package;
- In-house gym plus sports & wellness compensation;
- Weekly team lunch and free breakfast;
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years;
- Paid sick leave;
- Pet-friendly office.
Please only apply if you'are legally authorised to work in Estonia or if you are a EU citizen.
In order to apply, please send us your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to join us.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at email@example.com. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.