TransferWise is a rapid, high growth tech company on a mission to change the world. Our Office team is integral to TransferWise's success. We're here to make sure our people have the best experience while at work, so that they can deliver their best every day!
Our humble Singapore office has been growing exponentially from 1 to over 70 within a year, and we're looking for an amazing Office Assistant to join us and help us elevate the office experience during this exciting time! Expect the the unexpected where no two days are the same here. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who's up for a challenge and gets a thrill from a variety of day-to-day tasks and long-term projects!
- Being the face of TransferWise for all visitors, making sure everyone gets the warmest welcome
- Being the face of the Office team for our people, listening to their feedback and making sure they have everything they need (including snacks, drinks, office supplies and other services)
- Being a champion for internal events by coming up with ideas to help bring people together and taking lead on organising and publicising team activities
- Helping to facilitate external events that our teams choose to host, acting as an expert partner and making sure we put on seamless events that raise our profile and showcase our amazing office environment
- Reviewing our processes and finding ways of making them quicker, easier and simpler. We're growing quickly, so we need to work efficiently!
- Working with both local and global Office team to make sure the physical environment is always well organised and looks its best (getting the maintenance team to come in for minor repairs as needed, etc.)
What you'll get in return:
- Freedom to work autonomously - you'll organise your own day-to-day workload in the way that works best for you, and in time, you'll have the opportunity to evolve your role to suit your own strengths and preference
- Global exposure - you'll have the chance to work closely and also the larger global Office team from all over the world
- Personal development - you'll have the chance to work with your lead to define your own growth path, which will help you develop in your career as TransferWise continues to grow
- Lots of feedback! - we have a super strong feedback culture, so if you're someone who believes that feedback is a gift then this is the place for you
A bit about you:
Here's a little bit about what we think you'll need to be successful and happy in this role:
- Considerable customer service or front of house experience, ideally gained within hospitality, a tech start-up, or another people-oriented environment
- Super strong people skills, with the ability to adapt your style and manner to suit a range of different audiences
- Strong team working and collaborations skills, born out of your exceptional communication skills and focus on delivering the best experience for others
- Natural warmth and humour. Finding the fun in things makes us all more resilient and spur everyone in good spirits!
- An exceptional eye for detail and a methodical approach to managing your workload
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- An optimistic outlook with a tendency to look for the positives and assume a 'can do' approach
- Flexibility to work on an 8 hour shift basis (between 9.00am - 6.00pm) and to travel internationally
Some extra skills that would awesome:
- A creative or unusual talent or skill - we believe in celebrating people's strengths, so if you're a pro-baker, skilful sewer, beer maker or dancer then we'd love to explore how you could use your talents in your new role
- A strong aesthetic or visual sense - our office environment is always evolving and we want to make sure it always looks at its best, so if you fancy yourself a bit of an interior decoration pro then we'd love to hear your views on how we could improve
- Event management experience or any previous exposure to what it takes to put on a truly top-notch event - from the logistics through to creating engaging communications
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.