We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Product team in our Singapore office. The role is a unique opportunity to build world-beating, world-class products, focusing on the Asia region.
- You mission is to define the future of TransferWise in Asia, with a focus in South Asia or South East Asia. It's a huge challenge, but an exciting one. You'll figure out how we can revolutionise international money transfers for customers in across the region, and helping us achieve our mission of Money without Borders.
- You'll lead by example - not only will you lead a product team yourself, but we'd love it if you could help other diverse and autonomous product teams. This means understanding their potential and providing insights and data where necessary. As we are a data focused company, it helps to know what makes each of the teams tick to make sure they are focusing on the proper KPIs.
- Communication and inspiration - you'll be responsible for understanding the why and how of the product so you can communicate the TransferWise story to anyone - from your banker to their grandmother. As we're having many satellite teams, it's important that you communicate product changes so that they stay in the loop.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- Travel to work with our teams in different offices as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude.
A bit about you:
- Extensive experience in product management.
- You are customer-focused. At TransferWise, customers always come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers. We are a company doing great things, but we couldn’t do it without our customers being ready to start a revolution.
- You are passionate about Asia. The Asia region spans from India to the Philippines to Japan. It is incredibly diverse, and also you recognise that to be successful there, you'll have to do things a little differently than in Europe. You have the empathy for that.
- You are entrepreneurial, either you have run your own company or delivered high impact projects. You need to have ideas. You’re going to change the world, so we want to see what exceptional ideas you’ve had before.
- You are someone who loves to get things done - you make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- Have a head for numbers.You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and numbers are the best way to do this. You can give examples of how you have moved some metrics before.
- Have some technical knowledge. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion. Either way you need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You had experience working with debit/credit cards, banks, and payment networks
- You had experience working with international teams across different locations
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.