We're changing our prices. Check the latest fees for however you use TransferWise.There's a lot you can do with your TransferWise card for free. And we charge transparent fees for spending in currencies you don't have in your account and withdrawing cash after a certain amount.
Getting your card
Getting your card and ordering a replacement is free. Just sign up and we’ll send one your way. We’ll ask you to add a minimum of 20 GBP, USD, or your currency equivalent to your balance when you’re getting started. This helps us confirm your identity.
Spending with your card
- If you have the currency in your account, it's free!
- If you don't have the currency in your account, there's a conversion fee, typically between 0.35% - 1.0%.
- If we don't support the currency, we'll charge you the Mastercard rate in GBP/USD, depending on where you live. You can find a list of supported currencies here.
- If you're spending online in a currency other than GBP/USD, the seller might charge their own conversion fee. This could happen even if you have the other currency in your account. To avoid this, ask the seller to bill you in the currency you want.
Withdrawing cash from an ATM
- If you have the currency you're withdrawing on your balance, it's free up to £200/$250 total each 30 days. After that, a 2% withdrawal fee will be charged.
- If you don't have it on your balance, we'll charge our conversion fee.
- To avoid extra fees from the ATM, be sure to choose the local currency where the ATM is. For example, if you're in Italy, choose EUR as the currency to be charged in. This will stop the ATM from marking up the currency exchange rate.