Skip to Face-to-Face Verification
Skip to Proof of Address
For your first transfer from Singapore, we need to confirm your identity and personal address in person, at our branch in the Central Business district of Singapore. Our office information and hours can be seen here. There is no need to book an appointment, as we offer a walk-in service, so you can visit at any time during our opening hours which is convenient for you.
When you visit the office, you'll need to bring with you:
- Your passport, identity card (Pink/Blue NRIC) or employment pass. We can also accept driver's licence, but only when accompanied by a document showing your nationality (such as identity card).
- Proof of address in Singapore – a hard copy (original or a printout) of a recent bank statement or utility bill (You can see the full list of documents which we can accept below).
Our staff member there will then take photocopies of both documents, and confirm your identity in our system. Once this is complete, you'll be able to make transfers from SGD with TransferWise.
The whole process should take approximately 5-10 minutes.
Proof of Address
You'll need to provide a hard copy or a high quality printout of a valid address document which shows:
- Your name
- Your full address
- A date of issue
- A logo, or clear name of the sender (e.g. your bank, your local authority, your utilities provider, etc)
- The nature of the document (e.g. type of bill, subject of the letter, etc)
A valid document can be:
- Your utility bill - Gas, Electric, Phone (We cannot accept mobile phone bills)
- Your bank or credit card statement (You must show us a photo/scan of a physical letter or PDF copy of your statement)
- Your tax bill
- Your vehicle registration or tax
- Your photo driving licence showing your address and its expiry date
- Other government or financial institution issued document
- Your utility bill, bank statement, tax bill cannot be older than 3 months
- You can also show us a document from a Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) regulated institution which was issued within the last 12 months. For example, a yearly tax bill or a letter confirming the opening of a bank account.
- Your address cannot be a PO Box, as this will not be accepted.
- We have to check both your ID document and your home address proof. These must be separate documents.