Once you've made an order, all you need to do is click on the bank login tab, enter your bank details (institution number, transit number, account number and account type), login to your online banking and you're away! This will then set up a one-time debit from your account to ours, meaning that these login details will need to be entered each time you make a payment via Direct Debit.
Here's all the information you need to know about Direct Debit transfers:
Once the Bank login is chosen as the payment method you'll see the image below. Simply enter the required details.
You will then be asked to log in to your internet banking through TransferWise, authorising a one time debit from your account.
Note: At TransferWise we take security extremely seriously and operate within regulations on using this data. In addition, all this data is kept strictly secure, and login details are not saved or accessible by anyone at TransferWise - they are only used to automatically verify your checking account with your bank and are not manually accessible in any capacity.
Direct debit transfers should arrive to our account within 3-4 working days.
Supported BanksBelow is a list of banks in Canada of which we currently support. TransferWise is always working to add banks to this list -- if you don't see yours, it may be available soon!
- Bank of Montreal (BMO) - Institution number 001
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) - Institution number 010
- HSBC Bank Canada - Institution number 016
- La Caisse Centrale Desjardins Du Québec - Institution number 815 or 865 or 829 or 890
- National Bank of Canada - Institution number 006
- President’s Choice Financial (PC) - Institution number 010 or 326
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) - Institution number 003
- The Bank of Nova Scotia - Institution number 002
- Tangerine Bank (ING Bank) - Institution number 614
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD) - Institution number 004
- Vancity - Institution number 809