When prompted on your TransferWise profile or by email from firstname.lastname@example.org, you will need to provide a high quality photo, scan, or PDF of a valid address document which shows:
- Your name
- Your address
- A date of issue (within the last three months)
- A logo, or clear name of the sender (e.g. your bank, your local authority, your utilities provider, etc.)
- The nature of the document (e.g. type of bill, subject of the letter, etc)
Your name and address on the document must match those on your TransferWise profile.
A valid document can be:
- Your utility bill - gas, electricity, water, landline phone or internet (We cannot accept mobile phone bills)
- Your bank or credit card statement (a photo/scan of a physical letter or a PDF)
- Document from the population registry
- Your vehicle registration or tax
- Your photo driving licence showing your name, address and the document's expiration date
- Other government or financial institution issued document
Important information to note:
- Your utility bill, bank statement, council tax bill cannot be older than 3 months.
- You can also submit a document from a Local Government authority issued within the last 12 months. For example, a yearly council tax bill or a letter confirming the opening of a bank account.
- Your address cannot be a PO Box, as this will not be accepted.
- If we have requested an ID document and an address document, these must be separate documents.
You can securely upload your document to your personal TransferWise profile here. In the majority of cases, verification is complete within 2 working days. Once address proof is requested, your transfers cannot go forward until verified.
If you have already had your address verified in the past, but need to change your address that's okay. You can simply upload your new address proof here and we can update it for you.