Please note -
- You can only make CNY transfers to recipients who have a UnionPay bank card.
- Your recipient must be a private individual - you cannot make CNY transfers to a business.
- You can only make transfers to Chinese Yuan from this list of eligible countries.
- Recipients with UnionPay can only receive an amount of 10,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per day, or 50,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per year, from any remittance provider. If your recipient has previously received international transfers, via any provider, this will count towards this limit (for example, if they have received 20,000 USD already this year, their limit is 30,000 USD).
- Agricultural Bank of China
- China Merchants bank
- China Minsheng bank
- Industrial Bank Co
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
- Bank of Communications
Payments to CNY
|TransferWise Fee||1.5% (or 24 CNY for under 1600 CNY)||When sending from currencies where the fee would normally be 0.5%, the fee is instead 1.5%. For information about the fee when transferring from USD to CNY, please see this page.|
|Delivery time*||8-9 Working Hours (Maximum)||*After payout. Please keep in mind that TransferWise can take up to two working days to convert your money after we receive it.|
|Maximum payment||31,000 CNY||Maximum Limits for CNY – 5,000 USD (or equivalent) per transaction, 10,000 USD (or equivalent) per day, 50,000 USD (or equivalent) per year as above.|
|Countries we can send to||China only|
|Additional Receiving Banking Fees||None|
|Recipient Full Name||Yes||When sending to individuals, please include first name and surname - English characters only|
|Recipient UnionPay Card Number||Yes||Card number should be 16 to 19 digits|
|Fixed/specific amount||Yes||The currency you're sending from must also be able to send fixed amounts. More information here.|
|Transfers to an email address||Yes||Except when transferring from USD. For more information, please click here.|