How it Works
To begin, go to our home page and click "sign up". Once you enter your email and create a password (or connect with Google or Facebook), you'll be guided to set up your first transfer.
1. After entering your recipient's bank account details, you'll have several ways to pay in your money to TransferWise.
- ACH bank debit from your US bank to our US bank
- Domestic wire transfer from your US bank to our US bank
- International wire transfer from your USD bank account overseas to our USD account in Europe
2. Once we receive your money, we'll remove our small fee and convert to your recipient's currency at the real exchange rate. Though this can take up to 2 working days, it usually happens in just a few hours
3. We pay out your money to your recipient's bank account from our bank account in their country.
From start to finish, your transfer should be completed within 1-4 working days. The time it takes depends on,
Some are faster than others. Check which one may be best for you here.
If verification is needed
We will always notify you on your TransferWise profile while setting up a transfer, or by email if we need ID, proof of address, or payment reason. Your transfer can go forward as soon as the requested verification is complete. For more information, please click here.
How quickly we can convert to your recipient's currency
This will be done within two working days maximum after we receive your money, but usually much quicker.
Limitations in banking hours
This includes nights, weekends and US Bank holidays as well as those in your recipient's country.
Delivery time once your money has been paid out to your recipient account - Check here
We will keep you up to speed via email at each step of the transfer. Please make sure to check the your email you used to sign up with TransferWise, including spam and junk folders. Find out what emails you'll receive from us on this page.
You can always follow the progress of your transfer by selecting it from the "Transfers" page of your TransferWise profile.