Skip to sending to CNY
Skip to additional notes
Sending to CNY
|TransferWise Fee||See pricing page||We have tailored pricing for transfers to CNY, so you can check the cost of your transfer on our pricing page.
You can also see how we work out our fees.
|Delivery time*||8-9 Working Hours||*After payout. Please keep in mind that TransferWise can take up to two working days to convert your funds from receiving the deposit|
|Maximum amount (per transfer)||31,000 CNY (To private individuals) or 2,000,000 CNY (To businesses)||Maximum limits for CNY transfers to private individuals – 5,000 USD (or equivalent) per transaction, 10,000 USD (or equivalent) per day, 50,000 USD (or equivalent) per year as above.|
|Countries we can send to||China only|
|Additional Receiving Banking Fees||None|
|Required recipient details|
|Recipient Full Name||Yes||First name and surname - English characters only|
|Recipient UnionPay Card Number||Yes||Card number should be 16 to 19 digits|
|Required details (Businesses)|
|Business name||Yes||In English or Chinese|
|Business registration number||Yes||Organisation code, or unified social credit number|
|Recipient phone number||Yes|
|Bank name||Yes||Chosen from a dropdown list|
|Branch name, province & city||Yes|
|Amount Lock Transfers||Yes||The currency you're sending from must also be able to send fixed amounts.|
Please note -
- You can only make CNY transfers to private recipients who have a UnionPay bank card.
- You can make CNY business transfers to the following 16 Chinese banks:
- 中国工商银行 ICBC (INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA)
- 中国农业银行 AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA
- 中国银行 BANK OF CHINA
- 中国建设银行 CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK
- 招商银行 CHINA MERCHANT BANK
- 中国邮政储蓄银行 POSTAL SAVINGS BANK OF CHINA
- 北京银行 BANK OF BEIJING
- 平安银行 PINGAN BANK
- 中信银行 CHINA CITIC BANK
- 兴业银行 INDUSTRIAL BANK CO. LTD
- 中国民生银行 CHINA MINSHENG BANK
- 浦发银行 SPD BANK
- 中国光大银行 CHINA EVERBRIGHT BANK
- 广发银行 CHINA GUANGFA BANK
- 华夏银行 HUA XIA BANK CO. LTD
- 杭州银行 BANK OF HANGZHOU
- We can only pay out to UnionPay accounts opened using Chinese National ID cards. Accounts opened with a passbook, driver's licence or military document are not supported.
- You can only make transfers to Chinese Yuan from this list of eligible countries.
- Recipients with UnionPay can only receive an amount of 10,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per day, or 50,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per year, from any remittance provider. If your recipient has previously received international transfers, via any provider, this will count towards this limit (for example, if they have received 20,000 USD already this year, their limit is 30,000 USD).
- Agricultural Bank of China
- China Merchants bank
- China Minsheng bank
- Industrial Bank Co
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
- Bank of Communications