Skip to sending to CNY
Skip to additional notes
Sending to CNY
|TransferWise Fee||See pricing page||We have tailored pricing for transfers to CNY, so you can check the cost of your transfer on our pricing page.
You can also see how we work out our fees.
|Delivery time*||8-9 Working Hours||*After payout. Please keep in mind that TransferWise can take up to two working days to convert your funds from receiving the deposit|
|Maximum amount (per transfer)||31,000 CNY (To private individuals)||Maximum limits for CNY transfers to private individuals – 5,000 USD (or equivalent) per transaction, 10,000 USD (or equivalent) per day, 50,000 USD (or equivalent) per year as above.|
|Countries we can send to||China only|
|Additional Receiving Banking Fees||None|
|Required recipient details|
|Recipient Full Name||Yes||First name and surname - English characters only|
|Recipient UnionPay Card Number||Yes||Card number should be 16 to 19 digits|
|Amount Lock Transfers||Yes||The currency you're sending from must also be able to send fixed amounts.|
- You can only make CNY transfers to private recipients who have a UnionPay bank card.We can only pay out to UnionPay accounts opened using Chinese National ID cards. Accounts opened with a passbook, driver's licence or military document are not supported.
- You can't send CNY to a business recipient. You can send USD though, if you'd like to.
- You can only make transfers to Chinese Yuan from this list of eligible countries.
- Recipients with UnionPay can only receive 10,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per day, or 50,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per year, from any remittance provider. If your recipient has previously received international transfers, via any provider, this will count towards this limit (for example, if they have received 20,000 USD already this year, their limit is 30,000 USD).
- Agricultural Bank of China
- China Merchants bank
- China Minsheng bank
- Industrial Bank Co
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
- Bank of Communications
- Bank of Nanjing