Skip to sending to CNY
Skip to additional notes
Sending to CNY
|TransferWise Fee||1.5% (or 24 CNY for under 1600 CNY)||When sending from currencies where the fee would normally be 0.5%, the fee is instead 1.5%.|
|Delivery time*||8-9 Working Hours||*After payout. Please keep in mind that TransferWise can take up to two working days to convert your funds from receiving the deposit|
|Maximum amount (per transfer)||31,000 CNY (To private individuals) or 2,000,000 CNY (To businesses)||Maximum limits for CNY transfers to private individuals – 5,000 USD (or equivalent) per transaction, 10,000 USD (or equivalent) per day, 50,000 USD (or equivalent) per year as above.|
|Countries we can send to||China only|
|Additional Receiving Banking Fees||None|
|Required recipient details|
|Recipient Full Name||Yes||First name and surname - English characters only|
|Recipient UnionPay Card Number||Yes||Card number should be 16 to 19 digits|
|Required details (Businesses)|
|Business name||Yes||In English or Chinese|
|Business registration number||Yes||Organisation code, or unified social credit number|
|Recipient phone number||Yes|
|Bank name||Yes||Chosen from a dropdown list|
|Branch name, province & city||Yes|
|Amount Lock Transfers||Yes||The currency you're sending from must also be able to send fixed amounts.|
Please note -
- You can only make CNY transfers to private recipients who have a UnionPay bank card.
- You can make CNY business transfers to 26 Chinese banks - if your bank is not on the list you can get in touch and let us know.
- We can only pay out to UnionPay accounts opened using Chinese resident identity cards. Accounts opened with a passbook, driver's licence or military document are not supported.
- You can only make transfers to Chinese Yuan from this list of eligible countries.
- Recipients with UnionPay can only receive an amount of 10,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per day, or 50,000 USD (or equivalent in CNY) per year, from any remittance provider. If your recipient has previously received international transfers, via any provider, this will count towards this limit (for example, if they have received 20,000 USD already this year, their limit is 30,000 USD).
- Agricultural Bank of China
- China Merchants bank
- China Minsheng bank
- Industrial Bank Co
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
- Bank of Communications