1. Using the Service
- If you would like to request someone to pay you an amount of money in another currency to your own, you can initiate a payment request link through the TransferWise site. You will need to be logged into your TransferWise account to generate that link. That link, which we’ll call the ‘Request Link’ can then be sent to the person you want to pay you - we’ll call them the ‘Requested Payer’.
- To generate a Request Link, you will need to provide the following details:
- The amount you want to receive. The maximum amount you can currently request can be seen here.
- The currency you want to be received, i.e. your currency.
- Your bank account, which must be denominated in the same currency as the currency you select to receive.
- Once you have created a Request Link, you can share it by copying and pasting the link to an email or messenger client of your choosing (TransferWise does not send the link for you). Your payer will be able to make the payment to you by clicking on that link.
- If receipt of the payment is time critical, you should independently check with the Requested Payer that they have received the Request Link.
- When the Requested Payer has made the payment through the Request Link, you will be notified via email and on your TransferWise Account page when the payment has been completed.
- Make sure you only use the service to request payments someone actually wants or needs to pay you. TransferWise is not a place to settle debt disputes and we will have no tolerance for criminality, misuse or abuse.
2. Bank Account and Settlement
- You will need to give us details of a bank account into which the payment will be received from the Requested Payer. That account must be in your name only. It must remain active at all times during the transaction. We will do our best to support you as needed, but we cannot be responsible for losses that arise from problems with your account or information.
- We will process the payment as quickly as possible. The time it takes will depend on a number of factors, including the currencies involved. Please see our FAQs for more information.
- We reserve the right to delay settlement if we:
- believe the funding payment may be reversed or otherwise fail,
- any other reason for which we would have the right to delay payment or suspend or terminate your TransferWise Account
- If the requested amount is in your currency (e.g. £100 into a UK account), the payer covers the TransferWise fee.
- If the requested amount is in your payer’s currency (e.g. €100 into a UK account), you cover the fee since they'll pay the exact amount.
- The pricing adheres to TransferWise’s normal fees as stipulated in the pricing section of our website.