Please note - Transfers to Colombia are closed to customers who have not made a COP transfer before May 2017. You can register your interest here and we’ll let you know you when they reopen.
Transfers to Colombia have very specific verification requirements. Please see below for a full list of what may be asked for.
Please note that these transfers are treated on a case by case basis, and the documents requested can vary.
Skip to sending to COP
Skip to additional information and required documents
Sending to COP
|TransferWise Fee||See pricing page||Transfers from COP are currently closed. You won't be able to see fees for COP transfers if you're a new customer.|
|Delivery time*||1-2 working days||*After our partner in Colombia receives necessary documentation (see below).|
|62,000 COP/ 3.63 Billion COP||If you'd like to send more than 5,000 COP, we'll need to verify your identity first.|
|Countries we can send to||Colombia|
|Additional Receiving Banking Fees||None|
|Recipient Full Name||Yes||When sending to individuals, please include the first name and the surname|
|Recipient Account number||Yes|
|Recipient Bank name||Yes|
|Recipient Account type||Yes||Savings or Current|
|Recipient phone number||Yes|
|Recipient e-mail address||Yes|
|Completed Form||Yes||Please see section below - 'Recipient Form'|
|Amount Lock Transfers||Yes||The currency you're sending from must also be able to send fixed amounts.|
|Reference||None||We cannot send transfer references to Colombia.|
Due to Colombian regulations, each recipient you send Colombian Pesos to will need to fill in a form that will be sent to our partner in Colombia. They'll also have to provide a copy of their ID that they used to open their bank account. They are required to fill in this form once a year.
Additional Documents when transferring more than 5000 USD (or equivalent) per calendar month
Due to local Colombian regulations, we're required to ask for additional documents when larger transfers are sent to this country. This rule applies to single, one-off transfers, or if the same person sends or receives a larger amount over a calendar month. Please note that from time to time our Colombian partner may ask for these documents even when this limit has not been exceeded.
- An ID document copy (if you have already completed ID verification with us, then we will have this on file)
- Your job title.
- Your bank statements for the last two months including your latest transfer to TransferWise - either as PDFs from your online banking, or photos/scans of your paper statements. If you have more than one bank account and you have been moving funds between accounts prior to transferring the funds to us, then the statements will also be needed for the other accounts
- Payment receipt of the transfer you’ve made to TransferWise- either as a PDF from your online banking, or a photo/scan of a paper receipt from your bank
- A brief, 2-3 sentence explanation about why you’re making this transfer
- If it’s to pay for a service, or buy something, please attach a copy of the invoice or purchase agreement
- Copies of documents confirming your source of wealth (i.e salary, if you’ve sold a house, you’re moving over saved wages, or you’ve received a loan, etc.)
- If the money is from salary, then please provide a copy of your payslip, employment contract or a tax declaration.
- If the money is from a loan or stocks, then please include the agreement and loan returning schedule.
- If your income is from selling assets, then please provide a copy of the sales agreement/act, and a copy of your bank statement showing the transaction from the sale.
Additional documents when transferring to business
If you are sending to a business in Colombia, the business will be asked to send the following information in addition to filling in the form for business recipients of COP:
- Certificate of Incorporation for the company (cámara de comercio)
- Tax registration (NIT or RUT)
- A copy of the legal representative's photo ID
- Document showing the business's shareholding structure
- Financial statements signed by an accountant (2 documents: “balance general” and “estado de resultados”)
- A copy of the accountant's certification
Back to top