- Your name
- Your full personal address
- A date of issue
- A logo, or clear name of the sender (e.g. your bank, your local authority, your utilities provider, etc)
- The nature of the document (e.g. type of bill, subject of the letter, etc)
Your name and personal address on the document must match those on your TransferWise profile.
A valid document can be:
- Your bank or credit card statement (You must send a photo/scan of a physical letter or PDF copy of your statement)
- Your utility bill - Gas, Electric, Phone (We cannot accept mobile phone bills)
- Your council tax bill, or a HMRC notification
- Your vehicle registration or tax
- Your photo driving licence showing your address and its expiry date
- Other government or financial institution issued document
Important information to note:
- Your bank statement, utility bill or council tax bill cannot be older than 3 months
- You can also submit a document from a Local Authority or FCA authorised institution which was issued within the last 12 months. For example, a yearly council tax bill or a letter confirming the opening of a bank account.
- Your address cannot be a PO Box, as this will not be accepted.
- If we have requested an ID document and an address document, these must be separate documents.
- The address proof must be issued to your personal address. We cannot accept address proofs that have been issued to a business.
In the majority of cases, verification takes 2 working days maximum. You can upload your document here.
Please note, you can find more information about verification for transfers from Singapore by following this link.
Changing your address after it was verified.
If you have already had your address verified, but need to change your address that's no problem. You can simply upload your new address proof here and we can get it updated for you. Please send us a short email afterwards though, asking to update your address as per the document you provided. If the ZIP code / postal code is not shown on the document, please include it in your email.