- Online, through your online banking
- Over the phone, with your telephone banking
- Or in person, at a bank branch.
1. First, set up your transfer on TransferWise: Set up your transfer, just like you normally would — choose how much you’re sending, and enter your recipient’s bank details.
2. Choose bank transfer at the payment step: When you get to the payment step, choose bank transfer. This will bring up details of TransferWise’s bank account in the country you’re in, as well as a reference. Make a note of these — you’ll need them to pay with bank transfer through your bank.
3. Leave your TransferWise account, and pay by bank transfer directly through your bank: Next, you’ll to need pay by bank transfer, directly through your bank. So leave your TransferWise account, and set up your bank transfer directly with your bank — either through your online banking, through telephone banking, or in person at a bank branch.
Important: To make sure that your transfer isn’t delayed, please double check that:
- The name on your bank account matches the name on your TransferWise account — if the names don’t match, we won’t be able to process your transfer. If you’ve got a joint bank account, please see here.
- You’ve included the reference correctly — without this, we won’t be able to send your money.
- You enter the exact amount you’re sending with TransferWise — paying more or less could delay your transfer.