- Online, through your online banking
- Over the phone, with your telephone banking
- Or in person, at a bank branch.
1. First, set up your transfer on TransferWise: Set up your transfer, just like you normally would — choose how much you’re sending, and enter your recipient’s bank details. If you’re sending money from the UK, bank transfers are only available as part of our low cost transfer option.
2. Choose bank transfer at the payment step: When you get to the payment step, choose bank transfer. This will bring up details of TransferWise’s bank account in the country you’re in, as well as a reference. Make a note of these — you’ll need them to pay with bank transfer through your bank.
3. Leave your TransferWise account, and pay by bank transfer directly through your bank: Next, you’ll to need pay by bank transfer, directly through your bank. So leave your TransferWise account, and set up your bank transfer directly with your bank — either through your online banking, through telephone banking, or in person at a bank branch.
Important: To make sure that your transfer isn’t delayed, please double check that:
- The name on your bank account matches the name on your TransferWise account — if the names don’t match, we won’t be able to process your transfer. If you’ve got a joint bank account, please see here.
- You’ve included the reference correctly — without this, we won’t be able to send your money.
- You enter the exact amount you’re sending with TransferWise — paying more or less could delay your transfer.