The whole process should be completed within 1-4 working days. The time it takes depends on the currencies involved, the payment method you chose as well as bank holidays and weekends in both the sending and receiving countries.
Please keep in mind that we can only send or receive your money during regular banking hours.
Also, please note that identity confirmation processes may very occasionally affect the speed of your payment. As we are a regulated financial institution, we are required by law to carry these out. However, we always try our best to make sure they are as fast and as frustration-free as possible.
We cannot continue with your payment until these steps are completed. You'll be notified either when creating a payment and/or by email when this is required, and you can check the status of this on your dedicated identity confirmation page.
How the process generally works:
1) Once your transfer is set up, it takes some time for us to receive your money. We can’t proceed with the process before we receive it.
- Debit card / credit card payments reach us immediately
- Bank transfers take a maximum of 3 working days to reach us, depending on the currency.
- SWIFT transfers usually take up to 4 working days to reach us.
- SOFORT takes 1-2 banking days to reach us
- Bank debit (ACH) takes from 1 to 4 working days to reach us
- Wire transfer takes up to one working day to reach us
2) Conversion of your money takes maximum of 2 working days, but usually just a few hours.
3) Once we send out your converted money via local bank transfer, it can take a few working days to reach your recipient, depending on the currency sent.
You can always keep track of your transfer from the "Transfers" page. TransferWise will always keep you posted via email as well (therefore, please make sure that you check the email address that’s connected to your profile).