This article will cover how to clear your cache on the four main browsers - Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. Links to instructions for each different browser are below.
1. From the button in the top right hand corner of your browser (3 dots), select 'Settings'
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Show advanced settings...'
3. Under the heading 'Privacy', select 'Clear browsing data...'
4. At the top of the pop-up window, next to 'Obliterate the following items from:' select 'the last 4 weeks'
5. Hit 'Clear browsing data', and the pop-up will close itself automatically
1. From the button in the top right hand corner of your browser (8 pronged cog symbol), select 'Internet Options'
2. In the pop-up window, select the first tab 'General'. (This may already be selected anyway)
3. Under the heading 'Browsing history', select 'Delete...'
4. In the new pop-up window, make sure 'Temporary Internet files and website files' is ticked. You can untick or leave ticked any other boxes as you wish
5. Hit 'Delete' in the bottom right hand corner
6. In the original pop-up, hit 'Apply' in the bottom right hand corner, and then close the pop-up with the X in the top right hand corner
1. From the button in the top right hand corner of your browser (3 horizontal lines), select 'Options' (8 pronged cog symbol)
2. In the left hand menu, select the fifth option - 'Privacy'
3. Under the heading 'History', where it says 'You may want to', select 'clear your recent history'
4. At the top, next to 'Time range to clear:' select 'Today'
5. Below this, click the arrow next to 'Details'. Make sure 'Cache' is ticked and 'Cookies' is unticked. You can untick or leave ticked any other boxes as you wish
6. Click 'Clear Now' in the bottom right hand corner. You can then close the separate 'Options' tab.
1. From the top left hand corner of your screen, select 'Safari' (next to the Apple logo)
2. In the drop down menu, select 'Preferences...'
3. In the pop-up window, select the furthest right tab 'Advanced'
4. At the bottom of the 'Advanced' window, you should see the option 'Show Develop menu in menu bar'. Tick this
5. Close the pop-up window
6. Now, along the menu bar at the top of the screen, you should see the word 'Develop' between 'Bookmarks' and 'Window'. Click this
7. In the drop-down menu, you'll see the option 'Empty Caches'. Click this