How is TransferWise regulated in the US?

How is TransferWise regulated in the US?

TransferWise Inc. is registered with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) with money service business registration number 31000121406521. It is licensed as a money transmitter in the states listed here, and supervised by regulatory authorities in each of those states.

In other US states and/or territories, money transmission services are offered by our partner financial institution Community Federal Savings Bank, which is supervised by the Office of the Comptroller of Currency.

In the United States, we bank with Community and Federal Savings Bank (CFSB), Cross River Bank (CRB) and Wells Fargo. All of these banks are insured under the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). You can find more information about the FDIC.

See more information about security and our communication with you.

Was this article helpful?

Talk to our team

Our team is happy to chat by email or phone.

Contact us