The TransferWise card is currently available for people and businesses with a borderless account in the UK, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and most of the EEA, and people with a borderless account in the US. There are a few exceptions, so check the list of countries where we deliver cards.
1. Get a borderless account. Sign up and choose your first currency. You'll be able to add more currencies afterwards. Please note reviewing your application can take us a few days due to verification.
2. Order your TransferWise card. We’ll check personal details like your name and address. We’ll ask you to add a minimum of 20 GBP to your balance if you're in the UK or EEA, or charge a small fee for card delivery. If you're in the US, we'll also need to verify your account before we can send out your card. Once everything looks right, we’ll ship the new card to you. We can only ship your card to your address, so if you're planning on taking the card to a different country, make sure you order it with plenty of time to spare.
3. Activate your TransferWise card. Once you receive your card, activate it by entering the 6-digit code. You’ll find it underneath your name on the front of your card. You can enter it here.
4. Memorise your PIN (UK, EEA, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore) or choose your PIN (US). If you're not in the US, we’ll share your PIN with you in the app when you’re activating your card. And you can always select Reveal PIN for a reminder. If you're a US customer, you’ll need to choose your PIN yourself. Once you activate your card, we’ll ask you to enter it.
5. All done! Now you’ll be ready to spend, pretty much anywhere in the world. Just look for the Mastercard logo and you're good to go.