A couple of months ago, we shared an update on the progress of our new multi-user access feature, which will let multiple people use one TransferWise for Business account. Today, we’re excited to share another update on our beta, and how close we are to releasing it for everyone.
Multi-user access is the most requested feature from our business customers. Many businesses need multiple people, such as employees, contractors, or accountants, to have access to their finances. This makes it easier to delegate work and efficiently do things like process invoices, run payroll, track spending, and more.
We've spoken to hundreds of businesses over the past year to learn what they need from multi-user access, and to understand their expectations.
We’re well on our way, but not all the features we want to offer are in place — yet. We started with the most common requests and will roll those out first.
But keep in mind that this first release will not be the final one. We are dedicated to building a feature that gives everyone exactly what they need. It's just that some things may take a bit more time.
We really want to get this right.
We’re excited to have given more than 100 TransferWise for Business customers access to an early release of multi-user access. They're helping us find glitches and letting us know what could be better.
Their feedback has already helped us make the end product better for everyone. If you’d like to be part of the beta, join the waitlist here.
We plan to keep updating this section as the beta progresses.
What’s in the current beta
- Account owners can add “sub-users” in a view-only role. This means other users can track account activity and do reporting. They can’t make payments or manage account settings
- Please note — right now our customer support team has to manually add a sub-user, but we’re working on automating it
Updates we’re working on
- Access a list of who is currently connected to your account
- Invite new people to your account
- Assign new people a role — i.e., decide what permission they have
- Easily remove people from your account
Updates we’re still thinking about
- Letting account owners give others full access to their account (say your partner, boss, or CEO)
- Dual authorisation, which means people can set up payments that need to be approved by the account owner
If you’re interested in helping shape multi-user access, you can sign up to join the beta here. We’ll be in touch!
It’s never been easier to work abroad. Some jobs can be done anywhere with just a phone and a laptop — and cheap flights let more people afford to work from...
Ireland’s business-friendly environment, skilled workforce and strong global links make it a popular place to do business. Whether you’re a large...
Not all heroes wear capes.Accountants are too busy to change their clothes in a phonebox every time there’s a problem. Also, spandex costumes are frowned upon...
The Asian Development Bank reported that Thailand’s economy grew more strongly than predicted in 2016, with expectations for further sustained growth into...
Thinking of selling online? Things to consider before starting to sell on Etsy
Note: the following research took place on October 11-16 2018 by an independent research agency. As of 8 March 2019, TransferWise prices will change for all...